3DR Iris, Iris + & 3DR X8 Fixed Mapping Camera Adapter and Camera Caddy. Fits MicaSense (Parrot) Sequoia Camera (Camera NOT Included). The plates are designed for either 8mm or 9mm dampening balls. Zenmuse Part 42 or Part 15 White or Grey Dampeners are recommended.
This is a Quick Retaining Velcro Version. Velcro Camera Adapters use "One Wrap" Style Hook & Loop strips (1/2" or 3/4") (Not Included) to clamp the cameras in place. Please See photos for clarification. "One Wrap" Velcro is available inexpensively from various craft and hobby stores.
There are 5 Drone mounts that are available. Use Platform Option Pulldown Menu to select your desired platform.
1) 3DR X8 (Should also fit Y6) Adapter Plate which is merely a substitute for the Carbon Fiber Plate that is already available for the X8, but with integrated Gimbal Dampeners (Dampening Balls and M3 x 12 - 14mm screws are NOT Included) Note: While th adapter is specifically designed for the 3DR X8, it is also our Generic Adapter that can be fitted to many different drones with a little tweaking on the target drone's belly plate. (E.G.: DJI Flamewheel)
2) 3DR Iris & Iris + Adapter Plate, using our standard sturdy 3 Post Iris Mounting System. This plate requires 3 x M4 x 25mm screws (Not Included) to attach to the Iris' Acessory / Gimbal Bay.
3) 3DR Solo Standard Accessory Bay Adapter
4) 3DR Solo Enhanced "Gimbal Friendly" Accessory Bay Adapter (Clears the Solo Stock Gimbal, so both Gimbal Camera & Sequoia can be mounted together)
5) 3DR Solo Gimbal Bay Adapter (Sequioa can be mounted in place of the stock Gimbal)
Note: The X8 / X4 or Tarot 6xx Adapter has 4 x M3 Holes spaced at 23mm x 60mm to be compatible with standard Tarot (& Others) 60mm Rail mounts (Not Included). The Rail mounts can be aquired form a variety of sources.
The unit is designed for Generic Dampeners that are available from a variety of sources. We decided on this because dampeners come in various different dampening hardness and you can choose which ones work best for your application. We recommend any 8mm or 9mm dampening balls. The hole size is designed for 8mm but can easily be adapter to 9mm if needed to suit most 9mm generic dampeners available today. We do offer a couple of generic dampeners. dampeners come in different hardness ratings, and can be tuned for your individual requirements. Black 100g, Yellow 200g & Red 300g are available from HobbyKing.
This is a "Tension" style dampening system so the dampening balls need to be a very snug fit as the camera hangs on them. Protectors can also be installed through the dapening balls if needed for extra insurance (A loose Zip tie is adequate) The Weight of all 3 3DP parts are about 36g.
Screws and Dampers shown in the photos are for clarification only to be used as an Installation Guide. Also shown for clarification is a MicaSense RedEdge Camera.
Please Select From Pull Down List which Camera & Adapter you require for your application, ONE Adapter will be shipped with each order.
Iris & Iris + Adapter: 3 x M4 x 25mm Machine Screws (Please select from drop down Menu)
3DR Solo Accessory Bay Adapter: 3 x M2x10 -14mm Screws (Please select from drop down Menu)
Dampener Balls (x 4), all have been found to work well with most cameras and platforms (Please select from drop down Menu)
Other Requirements (Not Included):
Camera Retaining Screws: 2 x M3 x 30mm Machine Screws and nuts. These are not provided as camera thicknesses vary (Small Zip Ties Can Also Be used if Desired)
3DR X8 Adapter: 3 x M3 x 12 - 16mm Machine Screws
4 x Dampening Balls that fit 8mm or 9mm hole sizes to accomodate a wide range of commercially available dampeners.
If you experience Magnetic Interference, install the Camera AFTER an acceptable GPS lock has been achieved.