3DR Iris, Iris +, 3DR Solo & 3DR X8 Fixed Mapping Camera Adapter and Camera Caddy got the acclaimed Ricoh GR II Canon Camera. The plates are designed for either 8mm or 9mm dampening balls. Zenmuse Part 42 or Part 15 White, Grey or Black Dampeners are recommended.
Optionally available in Quick Velcro Versions are available (Please select from Options List) These Camera Adapters use "One Wrap" Style Hook & Loop strips (1/2" or 3/4") (Not Included) to clamp the cameras in place. We do not include these as the lengths can vary for each individual installation based on the user's preferences. Please See photos for clarification.
There are 4 Drone mounts that are available. Use Platform Option Pulldown Menu to select your desired platform.
1) 3DR X8 (Should also fit Y6) Adapter Plate which is merely a substitute for the Carbon Fiber Plate that is already available for the X8, but with integrated Gimbal Dampeners (Dampening Balls and M3 x 12 - 14mm screws are NOT Included)
2) 3DR Iris & Iris + Adapter Plate, using our standard sturdy 3 Post Iris Mounting System. This plate requires 3 x M4 x 25mm screws (Not Included) to attach to the Iris' Acessory / Gimbal Bay
3) 3DR Solo Accessory Bay Adapter Plate, This plates uses 4 x 2mm x 12mm or 14mm Screws (Not Included) to attach to the Solo's Accessory Bay which is located MidShips. It CANNOT be Used when the 3DR gimbal is also installed.
4) 3DR Gimbal Friendly Accessory Bay Adapter Plate, This plates uses 4 x 2mm x 12mm or 14mm Screws (Not Included) to attach to the Solo's Accessory Bay which is located MidShips. This adapter CAN ONLY be Used with the Gimbal Installed with the SCREW Version or the Velcro Version when Tie Wraps (Zip Ties) are used closest to the Gimbal.
5) 3DR Solo Gimbal Bay Adapter Plate, This plates uses 3 x 3mm x 10mm Screws (Not Included) to attach to the Solo's Gimbal Bay which is located Forward
Note: The X8 / X4 or Tarot 6xx Adapter has 4 x M3 Holes spaced at 23mm x 60mm to be compatible with standard Tarot (& Others) 60mm Rail mounts (Not Included). The Rail mounts can be aquired form a variety of sources.
The unit is designed for Generic Dampeners that are available from a variety of sources. We decided on this because dampeners come in various different dampening hardness and you can choose which ones work best for your application. We recommend any 8mm or 9mm dampening balls. The hole size is designed for 8mm but can easily be adapter to 9mm if needed to suit most 9mm generic dampeners available today. Dampeners come in different hardness ratings, and can be tuned for your individual requirements. Black 100g, Yellow 200g & Red 300g are available from HobbyKing.
We are recommending 8mm or 9mm Dampening balls such as; "Zenmuse H3-3D Replacement Rubber Dampeners Original Part 42" (White or Grey Only). They come in different hardness ratings, and can be tuned for your individual requirements. We currently ONLY recommend using the harder Grey, or White Dampeners marked Types: 30* & A40*. White for the lighter camera options. When the adapter is pointing forward even harder dampeners may be needed such as the Black 100g, Yellow 200g & Red 300g available from HobbyKing.
This is a "Tension" style dampening system so the dampening balls need to be a very snug fit as the camera hangs on them. Protectors can also be installed through the dapening balls if needed for extra insurance.
Weight of all 3 3DP parts are about 36g.
Screws and Dampers shown in the photos are for clarification only to be used as an Installation Guide. Also shown for clarification is a Ricoh GR II Camera.
Please Select From Pull Down List which Camera & Adapter you require for your application, ONE Adapter will be shipped with each order.
Iris & Iris + Adapter: 3 x M4 x 25mm Machine Screws (Please select from drop down Menu)
Solo Accessory Bay Adapter: 4 x M2 x 12-14mm Machine Screws (Please select from drop down Menu)
Other Requirements (Not Included):
Camera Retaining Screws: 2 x M3 x 30mm Machine Screws and nuts. These are not provided as camera thicknesses vary (Small Zip Ties Can Also Be used if Desired)
Solo Gimbal Bay Adapter: 3 x M3 x 10mm Machine Screws (Uses Stock Screws)
3DR X8 Adapter: 3 x M3 x 12 - 16mm Machine Screws
Dampener Balls (x 4)
All Velcro Camara Adapters require 2 x "One Wrap" Hook & Loop Strips, one for each side, or small Tie Wraps on the side closest to the gimbal. These are not provided, as various lengths can be used depending on the user's personal preferences. This is available very inexpensively at most craft or hobby stores.
4 x Dampening Balls that fit 8mm or 9mm hole sizes to accomodate a wide range of commercially available dampeners.
This camera and adapters may be too large to be used on the 3DR Solo when the stock Solo 3DR Gimbal is also installed. The stock Solo 3DR gimbal may need to be removed first.
If you experience Magnetic Interference, install the Camera AFTER an acceptable GPS lock has been achieved.